April 5 – 30th, with winners revealed May 4th.
Let’s have a movie festival. Also, I like stop-motion films – y’know, like the Wallace and Gromit films (and here’s an archaeological one I just found on youtube using playmobil!). So here’s what you do –
- Make a stop motion film on one of the following themes:
- a. archaeological theory
- b. history of archaeology
- c. the story of a site
- d. the story of a dig
- e. the biography of an object
- Make it two minutes in length
- Can be lego, clay, paper cut outs, whatever you like
- Upload to youtube
- Tweet it out with
- Check out twitter under the ‘archstopmo’ hashtag
- Prepare an artist’s statement that explains and contextualizes your work, as well as the software you’ve used, and your process.
- Submit your film at the form below.
- Have fun!
There will be a film gallery which will be updated frequently with entries and links to the artist’s statement.
Prizes (there are no prizes, only glory!) will be selected by a panel of judges, plus one audience choice.
- Best in each category – five prizes
- Choix des Judges – best overall
- Choix du Peuple – best by voting
Submit Your Work
Featured image by Adi Suryanata on unsplash https://unsplash.com/photos/5T0bY-x9A8U