Archaeology is about context, about understanding relationships, about looking at the spaces between datapoints, as much as it is about the points themselves.
I’ve been experimenting with VUE, mostly as a way of organizing my Zotero libraries, and to help in the planning of a digital history course I really would like to teach next year. So far, it’s been great. But this morning, while watching some of the how-to videos, I started thinking about how VUE could be used to represent archaeological data.
Here’s the video:
I’ve goofed it a bit – missed an important step – but I think there’s real potential here… further bulletins as events warrant; I’ve got a couple of training sessions to lead, so I’m off to class.